Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 31 - Our last day in Stanley...

Sunday July 31st was our last day in Stanley. We woke up and meandered over to Isa's cabin to find our friends from Langhorn Slim hanging out trying to find out what to do for the day. Some of the band members were heading back to their hometowns until they headed on to their next tour destination. Sean the singer and Jeff the bassist where remaining on for the day to see the sites and play a little jam party at the local Peaks and Perks coffee stand. We invited Jeff to join us for an afternoon of fun. We begun our day with a trek down to the local hot springs, Sunbeam Hot springs. The springs are located off of I-75 east of Stanley about 15 miles. It is a natural spring along the Salmon river and offers a few river bed pools formed by natural river rocks. We all trekked down and found a solo pool uninhabited and jumped in. The water was extremely hot in spots that were briskly cooled by the chilly river water. It was beautiful and sweet, we all used the river sand as exfoliant to give ourselves a good scrub. Jeff was right at home with our mud and sand therapy! After a good soak we drove off to Redfish Lodge for an afternoon of music on their lawn, a nice singer named Carrie Rodriguez. It was beautiful weather and the crowd was a nice mix of hold over festival peeps and Stanley vacationers. I reserved us a nice place on the lawn up front and waited for Isa and crew to arrive. It was a different vibe then they crew wanted so after the first set we decided to head back to town and find the jam party at the coffee stand. When we arrived, it was just getting going so we decided to go back to the cabins and come back after dark. It was nice to finally chill at the cabins along the riverside and enjoy the peacefulness of the Sawtooths. When we later returned we found Jeff and Sean jamming with a few other musicians and had an intimate show with about 40 other people. The owners of the coffee stand regularly put on this party the day after the festival for the remaining band members and local musicians. It was a very nice event with free beverages and music. I had the 2 boys and my boxer dog in tow so after an hour or so, I knew it was all they could take. The boys didn't have much to do and my dog got into a bit of a scuffle with a husky, so we returned to the cabins once again. I felt that my Stanley adventure had reached it's peak of satisfaction and I was ready to get to bed early. The next day we were driving on to make our way home. It had been a long month on the road and all's I could think about was home. I missed my bed and my cat, who had lost her brother while we were gone. Home was calling and I was ready to answer. It feels equally as good to leave as it does to return. Funny as it may be, there is no place like home. My adventure of a lifetime was nearly over and I was so thankful for the opportunity. I don't know if I'll leave for this long again but I am extremely happy I was able to manifest this gift. Spending a summer with your children is a precious gift, one I will cherish for a lifetime.

Thank you for going on this journey with us, I plan to continue writing about our future adventures, challenges, and conquests.
Please stay tuned for more! Including back to school, winter break and more!!!

Be a Lionheart at heart!!!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment