Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 10 - Freeze!!!!


Another day living life as a Missoulian. Same thing but different sky. The clouds rolled in and the colors were magnificent! My mom took us to the circus today, Carson and Barnes. It is an animal circus and I was hesitant at first. We were met by several protesters as we drove through the gate. All the while my mom swear she thought it was a non-animal circus. As we entered, we were greeted by a few lamas, an ox, goats, a zebra, several ponies, a couple horses, a camel and 3 elephants. I looked at their conditions and noticed that there was ample food and water...and no chains! I instantly bonded with an ox that adored my petting and cuddles. He was so cute! How could you not love a circus, right?? But then again there was the thought of, "How could they travel like this?" In hot trailers without breaks for days. I looked into their eyes for a signal to rescue them but for the most part they seemed copasetic with their existence. It was a nice event for the neighbor girls we brought with us. They had never seen a circus and their eyes were lit up with excitement! After that we headed home to my brothers for a late night dinner and bonfire. We are about to head out for a 3-4 day camping trip in the wilderness but we are still having bonfires in the backyard!!! :))) The kids were playing in the yard and their laughter made me feel like I was 10 years old. Kids laughter is truly the best medicine!! As they ran around looking for a good tag game, I suggested freeze tag. Well, kinda like freeze tag...they had to dance around like crazy until I said,"FREEZE!" Then the 1st person to move was sent out. As I saw these beautiful young kids dance about I thought, "Can't we just freeze this moment forever?" I would give anything to freeze my son in time, although I know it is against nature and all that is, it will never happen. However, this moment...now...is frozen in time in my mind! I am young (only 40 something) and my son is under 12 (thank god!) and we are frozen in time!! Every moment he laughs and spins we are alive and time is still! TYG!

1 comment:

  1. The circus was amazing except for the people with the creepy clown heads on We had LODES of fun! That game and the "zombie" game were fun and made me remember "hey I'm only 12 your still young enough to play these sorts of games" and that because of you and Jackson. So thanks for everything!~ Myranda

    ReplyDelete