Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 - Adventures await...

Since hiking the "M" I have found myself looking for my next big adventure. What that is, is right around the corner. We are on our last leg of our vacation in Missoula and heading off to Stanley, Idaho for the Sawtooth Music Festival in a few days. So the last few days that I haven't written I have basically been preparing for my departure and getting back on the road. For the most part though, I have been quite lazy. Sleeping in late, getting coffee at 11 am, running around town and hitting up the few last spots I'd like to see while I'm here. Today we picked up Jaxson's best bud, Columbus. We flew him in to join us on our drive back and to meet up with friends in Stanley. He arrived on time without a hitch and we whisked him off to see a few sights in Missoula. Our first stop was Wholesale Sports, where you can buy anything for the outdoor adventurist. We saw every color of camo gear, fishing tackle, and mounted prize you can imagine. Then a brief visit to Fort Missoula and their Museum. This place is amazing! Every war story and artifact displayed for your appreciation and gratitude. If you can say that, all wars are a painful reality of where we've been to where we are. Why they exist or have happened I don't know, but somehow it is the human condition to struggle, battle and overcome. Even within our own minds. It is inevitable and the process of life. I hope someday we will not need this in any form. It was a very educational day to see what others have been through to give us the gifts and freedoms we have today. Then back to the house for an early meal and off to the ball game! Oh my dear Osprey's, you knocked it out again with a 7 to 4 win and a lead to the pennant! It was a great day watching the boys scream and jump at a chance to catch a fly ball! Nothing like a hometown minor league!!

Tomorrow, we continue showing Columbus around Missoula and take him to all our favorite places. I am eager to meet my dear friend Isa and her girls in Stanley for the music festival. We will be staying 5 nights along the Salmon River in some of the most majestic landscape I have every seen. I long to reunite with my chosen kin, my dear friends. I love my family, they chose me, and I love my friends, I chose them. I am also eager to return home, I am now getting a bit homesick. Although I think I could live my life on the road, I miss my stuff and the beauty that surrounds me. I could live without all the stuff for sure, but it's still nice to see it and fall into it's comforts. But another day, or week is alright by me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi bbl... Just caught up on ur blog. Sounds like your having a wonderful enlightening trip. Thanx for sharing :) loved ur hike story. Hope the motivation and determination settle deep into your spirit & give you the drive to take on all the dreamed adventures in your heart. I've always seen that in you but I know it's nice to have an experience that reminds you it's there. Love you guys. Safe travels home. See you soon, tt

    ReplyDelete