Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 3 - Found


Heading out of Ketchum, Idaho is one of the most beloved experiences of my entire life. If you haven't made the trek from Sun Valley to Stanley over the Galena Summit, you are truly missing out. I will try to explain it to the best of my ability. The Sun Valley area is surrounded by five mountain ranges: Pioneers, Whiteclouds , Boulders, Smokeys and Sawtooths. As you head up to the Galena Summit, you pass several National Forest Campgrounds nestled along the Big Wood River. As you climb to the top of the pass you witness some of the most breathtaking views! Wild flowers dust the rocky hillside with purple and yellow. The Summit peaks at a over 8700 feet with vistas of the Sawtooth Mountain range and Sawtooth Valley. The Salmon River headwaters are located here. The river is also known as "The River of no Return" with the main attraction being fly fishing and kayaking. At the junction of 21 and 75 you can either head west into Upper Stanley or Northeast into Lower Stanley. Upper Stanley has an incredible bakery, Stanley Baking Co., which is know for it's baked fresh daily treats, eggs, and incredible views. Lower Stanley is know for it's riverside cabins and of course, The Bridge Street Grill. Entering this region every year makes my heart sing and my soul fly. It is absolute heaven on earth! The air is clean, the water is pure, and the view majestic! It's here where I find my place in the world amongst all this beauty. We are just a speck on this planet but when you see such awesomeness you can not ignore the fact that we are all apart of this beauty. That our souls collide in the majesty of nature. It's here where we come alive, breath, and awaken. It's here where I find myself, away from the city and electronics. At the base of the Sawtooth's, I am found and I am free.

We stayed for lunch and begin our 5 hour drive to Missoula, MT. where my mother and brother await our arrival. Jax is beaming with excitement and can not wait to get there. He loves coming home to Montana. Even though neither of us were born here, it is our home. As we roll into the alley of my brother's home, we see a welcome home sign and my mom's joyous face. My brother has the yard all ready with camp chairs and a bonfire. We will have many lovely evenings sitting by the fire throughout this visit starting with tonight, the 4th of July. Enjoy your celebration of our freedom with your loved ones tonight. Be rooted in the knowiness that we are all where we are meant to be. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment